Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday at 5:38




Products Reviews...........for lack of anything more interesting

Ok, so I am going through a phase right now where I am REALLY hungry several times a day. I don't know why, but I am and it is hard to control. Therefore, product review today is going to be for sugar-free, Aldi gelatin cups. I think the name of them is actually "Fit and Active", but we just call them jello cups. I think I qualify to review because I have had three of them today- two with in the last 10 minutes. Flavors are black cherry and orange - at least that was what I had. There may be others that I have yet to discover. The texture is a little bit more rubbery than Jello brand, but I don't care. They taste pretty good, and for only 15 calories, they really fit the bill for something to put in the pie-hole when you really want a jelly doughnut. Not the same, but it can get ya through.

I was in a rush ( as usual) this am when I left home and forgot my tea bags, so I had to stop and buy me some tea. I had to stop in for my salad anyway, so it didn't matter. I bought two bottles of "Gold Peak Iced Tea" , unsweetened ( dammit). It is in the cooler section where the single soft drinks and snapples are kept. I got it to work, filled my big cup with ice, added the sweetness trio, and a wedge of lime , then poured the first bottle in. After a quick swirl with my finger- it was ready. I was pleasantly surprised. It really tastes like real tea and not some crap from a dry mix. The label says it contains " water, natural tea essence and natural tea concentrate from tea leaves, caramel color, and phosphoric acid. Hmmmm. When I make tea at home( or at work for that matter) , I use water and tea. I add my chemicals in the form of sweetener and acid in the form of limes........

Guess I should go ahead and get ready to leave work. I'm sort of excited because I am going to Vitamin world after work to get my colon cleanse stuff. I am always looking for an exciting project, and this happens to be the one I'm excited about right now. Call me in a few days - I might have changed my mind!

No comments: