Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cool and Zesty Salad Dressing


Tonight I had my second "big salad" of the day and had to choose either ranch or italian dressing. I voted no to both and searched the cabinets for another candidate. I found a forgotten bottle of "Grandma's Cool and Zesty Sugar Free Salad Dressing" way back in the back of the top shelf. I remember buying it, but not sure why we didn't eat it. Hmmmm.....
Anyway, I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. It is a sweet vinegarette with pretty mild spices. I think it would be good on a cucumber and onion type salad, or maybe as part of a cole slaw.
No sugar, but a lot of oil. I liked it, but maybe not the best choice for a plain lettuce and tomato salad. The bites of onion and peppers in my salad were great with it, but it was a little bland with the rest of it.

No comments: