Monday, July 28, 2008

This may be one for the cookbook


Tonight I had to rush around doing last minute clean up for the impending arrival of our houseguests tomorrow, and make something to pop in the oven for dinner tomorrow night. Well, this one may make it to the cookbook. So far I have about 60 recipes to put in, and I need about 80. This one may be so good it can count as two. At least what I licked offa my fingers was really tasty.

Obviously, the picture above is NOT of the dish I made because mine is not cooked yet, but I googled chicken, spinach, and cheese and came up with that picture. It may actually look like that when it is done, at least I hope it does. "Chicken Florentine" usually is a combo of pasta, chicken, spinach, cheese and cream sauce. Mine had all of that, only I used "Dreamfield's" Carb control pasta and made the sauce out of sour cream and cream of mushroom soup with a little saute'd onion and garlic added. I used Monterrey Jack cheese to sort of bind it all together.
I took a picture of it , but with a white lasagna pan and white cheese, it was sort of , white. I'll shoot it again after it is baked.

Big Daddy cleaned the bathrooms and vac'ed the back of the house, then swept the front of the house and made sure the kid's rooms were clean. He even striped the boy's bed and washed teh sheets and put them back on. Pretty good if you asked me.

Now all I have left is to finish up the laundry and make a list for the store tomorrow.
Tomorrow promises to be interesting at the least.

No comments: