Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Delicious Dinner!

Tonight I made grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, baked potatoes and for the kids, spaghetti with garlic/alfredo sauce. I had the chicken and asparagus, which was excellent. Then I made some "sugar biscuits" , aka "shortcake" for the non-diabetics to have for dessert with strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I must say, I thought I could resist, but it was too much for me. I had a quarter of a biscuit, a few strawberry slices and a tablespoon of ice cream. Waiting now to do my glucose to see what that did to me. I hate this stupid disease. It really deflates the fun balloon.

Girl kid ate the asparagus and said it was delicious, of course she will eat most anything. Boy would not even entertain the thought of smelling it much less eating it. I don't know what it is about certain things that he just totally refuses. Crazy.

Glucose was 86....I should've eaten more shortcake! I will NEVER figure this thing out! Just when I think I have done badly, I check a glucose and am pleasently surprised. I almost wish it would go high once in a while so that I won't feel like I can 'get away" with eating stuff I shouldn't. On with the adventure!

No comments: