Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Wednesday!

A day off during the week is a GREAT thing! It'll be even better once school starts because the kids always want to stay home on my day off when they are out of school. I don't mind really because kids need down time to "be bored". These two need the rest, I think. They stay so busy at day camp that they are exhausted every night. They help me ( although reluctantly) with chores when they are here and we usually try to do one fun thing and I let them help me make something they want for dinner.


Today our projects include:

1. Cleaning out Girl's dresser to discern what we have and what we need to start school. Thankfully, we have a LOT of hand-me-downs from my niece which we can wear this year, at least until it gets cold.

2. General clean up that I do every day off.

3. Figure out a way to use all the tomatoes on the counter top before they go bad.

I have already started some of the tomatoes in the dehydrator to see how they taste as "sun-dried" tomatoes. I cut them into thin slices, the put them on the dehy trays and sprinkled with a sea salt/garlic/italian seasoning mix and stacked 'em up and turned it on. I had a few jalapenos from the yard, so I seeded those and put them in on a separate tray. In about 10 minutes it was smelling like a pizza parlor in here. Of course, the yield of all 6 trays will likely be less than one sandwich bag. Lotta work for little reward, but if they taste decent, we can get more tomatoes and start a batch every day til the tomatoes run out.

No comments: