Sunday, July 20, 2008

That's What I Love About Sunday.......



Today started out early as the chirrens were supposed to sing at both services, with Sunday school in between. Girl wanted to wear a grass skirt ( and she has several to choose from) but we negotiated a settlement and she wore a big floral print muu muu style float dress with hot pink slides. I guess she gets that from me. Not sure.


Boy got to acting strange and wouldn't sing in the second service. I'm not sure why because he did a fantastic job in the early one. Go figure - the one where family comes to see him do it, he chickens out. Girl did a great job, but then with her "dance and drama training" I expected no less.


After a quick clean-up of the living room, starting some laundry, cleaning kids rooms and a few other little chores, Girl and I took a little nap ( for about three hours) . OF course, she "wasn't tired at all." Ha!


Since we are spending so much time in the backyard because of the pool, we bought a mondo grill earlier in the summer and we use several times a week. Tonight, we cooked a few steaks and then after everyone ate their dinner, I made some s'mores for the peanut gallery. They dearly love them and had been begging for them all day. I had planned on building a fire ring this summer so we could do them over a real fire, but so far it ain't happened. You know, one of those roundtuit projects. Maybe we can do it before fall. Honestly, just the thought of a real fire with it as hot as it is sorta makes me sweaty.


Right now, the people are in the pool splashing around and washing the s'more offa their faces. If I could have a quart sweet tea, it would be the best day in recent memory!



No comments: