Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Off

Today we spent the day at the zoo and my nephew's ball games. I didn't make it to the game tonight because my kids had to be at VBS and Norm was still working when it was time to drop them off. I pick them up at 8:30, then we will be having a "pool party" here with the family and the stray members of the ball team who want to come. I boiled a big mess of shrimp today and have some corn and potatoes RTG. We have a bunch of tube lights strung around in the yard, so we should be able to see pretty well in the dark.
Right now, I am watching Alton Brown demonstrate how to break down a crab. I prefer to just buy it "already did," but I guess if we lived where the beach beetles were common, I'd need to practice a bit. Blue crabs only yield 15% of their body weight in edible meat.....no wonder it is so expensive! I love Alton Brown!

No comments: