Saturday, July 19, 2008

Big hair

Remember when we all wanted to have big, flowing, blonde hair like Farrah? I was one who always tried to get "wings" but never could get beyond "fro". I have always had curly/frizzy hair and I don't know why I thought things MIGHT be different TODAY. Last night after we went out to dinner, we strolled into the Fred's across from the restaurant. Now first of all, Fred's is an entity unto itself. It has a particular feel ( like maybe I am over dressed if I am wearing a tube top and flip flops) and smell ( not sure what the smell is, but they all smell the same). Anyway, I needed some dishwasher detergent and on the way over to look at that, I spied a set of old fashioned hot-rollers. Had to have them. Had to. I was thinking, " Maybe now that I am older and my hair is longer, I can get it to do something other than a Sammy Hagar impression."
In the bag and to the house they went.
So today I got home from work and decided to play with the rollers. I got home from grocery shopping ( at Aldi - I'll rate that for ya later) and the weekly PetCo run too late to really take a "good" nap, so I fired up the rollers and went to work. I rolled it all just like I used to way back when, sat on the bed and took off my nail polish whilst they were cooling. I was drinking some USTWPBY&L ( unsweetened tea with pink, blue,yellow, and lime) and feeling quite Farrah-like. Let me be gentle with myself and say that after the rollers were out and the thing finger-combed into place, well........I have only seen hair that big on Hee Haw when Tammy Wynette when she sang D-I-V-O-R-C-E. Funny how you remember moments in TV history like that. I think I can get some good use out of the rollers for the girl kid, but I guess the sleek, flowing , beautiful shiny Farrah-hair is still beyond my grasp.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wish I could have seen that hair! I liked your hair Friday. :) Sarah