Sunday, July 13, 2008

One More Product Review before bed....


Ok, I know it is freaky to keep reviewing salads, but here I go again. I picked up the "Fresh Express Caribbean Chicken Salad " kit at Schnuck's this am and had it for lunch.

Extra cool packaging with the little chips of mango and tortilla in separate compartments from the chicken. Dressing was in a cup that fit into the lid as well. The greens were nice and crisp. The chicken didn't really have much island flavor, but the mango vinagrette made up for it. I would have loved ot have had a big slice of purple onion in it because I think that goes great in a sweet dressing. Price was 4.99 which isn't too bad. The package said that it was 14 g carb per serving and there were 3 servings in each kit. I find it hard to believe that there are three lunch size portions in there because I ate the whole thing very easily. I 'm sure most of those carbs came from the dressing and the mango chips . There might be 3 servings if you planned on having a sandwich too.


Overall I would give this one 5/5 stars for packaging and convenience, 3/5 for taste , and 3/5 for nutrition because of the 42 g carbs. Maybe they could try and make the dressing with some splenda! Hmmm...sounds like a recipe challenge!


No comments: