Sunday, July 27, 2008

Clean up day







We had a major cleaning day here today...and we ain't half done. It sort of started with the need to move Boy's things around so that a wheel chair could access it. Our Aunt who had a stroke recently and now uses a chair is coming to visit and his room doubles as a guest room. He had so many pieces of furniture in there that there was NO WAY she was going to be able to get in and out.



We started by moving out the big buffet that he had in there holding his million and one movies and assorted books, toys, papers, and accumulated detritous that little boys treasure. When we moved the bed, it was horrible. It took him an hour to clean that stuff up.

Then we moved the entertainment center from our bedroom into Girl's room to try and get some of her junk off the floor and out of reach so it wouldn't be so convenient to leave it everywhere. I already gave away her big dresser and nightstand last week, so she had space for it. Baby Daddy had to do some cleaning out of his own and he was the deeper of the vac. He bought the Dyson, so he feels like he is the most qualified to use it. Roll wid'it I say. Needless to say that snowballed into a major re-do of everything in her room, so much so that I may not have to do the big paint project I had planned in there. ( pictures above) I am going to do something to cover that "hole" behind the TV, but otherwise I think it looks pretty good.

I ran out of gas about 2 pm and had to just quit. Everything was pretty much done in that part of the house by then. I still have to clean the hall carpet because there are some stains on it from cat puke. One of these days we are going to have new flooring back there.

Now tomorrow after work I have to go to the grocery and then come home and do all the stuff that didn't get done today. Thankfully, they won't be here until sometime Tuesday, and I might beat them here. No idea what I am going to cook for them, but at least the kitchen is already cleaned and ready to go.






No comments: