Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jumping the Shark?????






Yesterday, I heard the term "jumping the shark" again and I still didn't know what it means. Thanks to wiki, I now know that it means "the defining moment in a tv show, music, book series, etc., when you know that from that point on, it is all going downhill.". The specific reference to the shark is from the episode of Happy Days where a leather-jacket-under-life-vest wearing Fonzie waterski jumped over a penned up shark. How lame was that? I remember it vaguely because I had pretty much stopped watching it by that time.


The latest "shark jumper" that I regularly watch is CSI. When they wrote Sarah Sidle out, I continued to watch, but really lost interest. Then they shot Warrick in the season finale, which just chapped me good. Now I heard yesterday that Billy Petersen who is the STAR of the thing is out too in the 10th episode this season. It is pretty much over. They would have to bring in some really big name to cover that. ( Maybe Kurt Russell?) Billy said that he will be back for guest appearances, as will Jorja Fox, and that fans will be happy about what happens to those characters. I sure hope so because they have been killing me with the last two seasons.










1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ahh... see, I knew what the term meant but did NOT know the origin re: the whole Fonz thing. Thx for sharing! See you tomorrow. PLEASE have a cuba whatever for me too! :) Sarah