Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I need some Pumpkin Pie


Ok, so I can't have regular pumpkin pie anymore, so here is the Splenda version. It looks pretty good, doesn't it?

Splendid Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell

Whipped cream - LOTS!

Directions:

Mix splenda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
Beat eggs in large bowl.
Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes.Reduce temperature to 350° F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.
Eat it immediately or refrigerate.

Top with whipped cream......makes all the difference!
Let me know if you like it because since I can't have any other kind I have to like it and I really want to know if the sugar eating public will eat it without making crazy faces.

No comments: