Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cravings....Make it STOP!!!!!


I really think that becoming diabetic has been a good thing overall for me because it has made me get my act together and start doing something about my attitude towards diet and health in general, but dang......I do miss having chips and snacks! There are just times when a gal wants something to CRUNCH, and I am sorry....most low carb stuff don't crunch.
When the demon craving hit me this week, I bought a bag of pork rinds - which do crunch a LOT. The BBQ ones only have one carb per serving, so I figure that if I only have them once or twice a week, I can stand the extremely high fat and sodium if it keeps me from a Dorito binge.
Now normally, rendered pork skin wouldn't be just real high on my favs list, but I have to say that 1/2 ounce serving of BBQ rinds was pretty darned satisfying. Yeah, I am pretty put off by the origin of it, but I used to eat hotdogs without a thought. I still would if I could have the buns.
Oh well....guess you gotta do what you gotta do. FYI- they make them in HOT BBQ too, so I may try those next.

No comments: