Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Brownie Recipe - Because you twisted my arm


Only because you asked for it......
I have to make a confession about the brownies. I cheated and used a box brownie mix for the bottom part because it was 11 pm when I was making them and I was tired. Besides....work people don't care anyway. I did use Ghiradelli mix, though.
So, buy TWO boxes of brownie mix and bake according to package directions.
Then:
1. Melt 4 squares of unsweetened baking chocolate and 2 sticks of butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir it every 30 seconds until melted, but not boiling hot.
2. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla, 1 POUND of confectioners sugar, and 4-5 cups of miniature marshmallows.
The marshmallows will melt a little, but not so much that they disappear. If they do, it was too hot. It will work anyway, though.
3. Spread the marshmallow stuff over the brownie part, allow to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate. If you don't let it cool ALL THE WAY, there will be condensation on the bottom of your cover - don't rush it!!!

No comments: