Sunday, October 5, 2008

New and Improved, Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie

Last night I was playing around in the kitchen and made some adjustments to the pumpkin pie. It makes 3 ( or 4) pies now and has a very few more carbs, but I think the improvement in flavor is worth the carb additions.

Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie

2 - 15 oz cans pumpkin
2 - cans evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 3/4 cups splenda
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar or molasses
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice ( or to taste - more is better to me)
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 deep dish pie crusts or 4 regular ones. ( I used Kroger brand)

In mixing bowl, beat the eggs, splenda, salt and brown sugar. Add pumpkin and continue mixing. Add the vanilla and milk - mix well.

Pour into unbaked pie shells and bake at 425 for about 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 abd finish baking. This took about 30 minutes in my oven. When they are done, the top will have a dull finish and will be "set".

I had to bake two at a time because my oven is dinky and has a tendency to not bake evenly.
I filled two pies and baked them, the waited to pour the last one until later.

Make you some soon...and don't forget the whipped cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: