Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Birthday Party

Today we went to a birthday party at the assisted living facility near our church. My Sunday school class sponsored it and since we are trying to start the clowning ministry, I figured I'd go in clown drag. Well, when I committed to doing it, I forgot my kids would be out of school. So, Coco the Clown went with me , as did Obiwan Kenobi. (Obiwan decined having his picture taken - must be a jedi thing)

This handsome fella just turned 81. I think he was more interested in the ladies across the table than he was the clowns on his back! That's Sugah Pie in the straw hat. She is just as cute as the bug on her hat!

Miss Mary sure wanted her picture made, but she couldn't take her eyes off of Coco long enough to look at the camera. The baby clown sang "Happy Birthday" four different times and also gave them a dose of Old McDonald and the Alphabet Song, then ended her concert with a very sweet rendition of Jesus Loves Me. The residents LOVED it, and I was really really proud that she did it.

We really enjoyed ourselves, and we hope to be able to go back again sometime soon!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Y'all are awesome! Looks like you've found your partner in crime,must be a family thang!!

Lisa said...

We really had a great time and I think it is really good to do things for other people together. I was really surprised that she went through with the singing. She had been saying she was going to do it.....then she really did!
The important thing is that those folks will surely be smiling about what we did today...probably for days to come.