Saturday, October 25, 2008

I can't WAIT for Sunday night!

Generally, Sunday night is the time I am counting down the hours until I have to go back to work on Monday. You know, planning the week ahead, sorting out clothes so the people of this house won't have to go about their week wrinkled, stained, or worse yet, mis-matched. Now, HBO has just given me a reason to enjoy my late night on Sunday with the new series "TruBlood". It is based on the Charlaine Harris novels about Sookie Stackhouse, the telepathic barmaid, and her vamp boyfriend, Bill. It reminds me so much of the early Laurell K. Hamilton books about Anita Blake, the vampire hunter. ( those got too complicated later on, so I stopped reading them) The coolest thing is that the people on the show talk like we do!

The series so far has stuck pretty close to the first book, but they have added a few characters and mixed things up a little. I am reading the second book now, and am into new territory not coved by the series....yet. The series is made by HBO, so keep that in mind when you sit down to watch it with the family. It is definately not for kids. There are some racy moments and a bit of violence, but it is funny too. I just "DVR" it and watch it later.

In my opinion, HBO has redeemed itself for ending the Sopranos and for making us wait for another 6 months for Big Love.

No comments: