Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Real Day of School

The First Grader and Kindergardener were a bit less than enthusiastic about getting out of bed this am until they were reminded that today was the first day of school!!!!!!It was pouring down rain, so I turned the car around and backed it into the garage so they could get in without getting wet just in case we had to drive. Fortunately , it slacked up enough by bus time to walk over and wait under the umbrella. I have never seen such excited anticipation over such a small thing.

I thought I would be ok with them getting on the bus and going off to school, but I must confess that I did get a bit of an itchy eye as the bus pulled away with BOTH of my little treasures onboard. I ran home and jumped in the car and raced around to the school so I could beat the bus there to get pictures as they got off.






Coconut was the first one off!






Everyone gets their afternoon mode of transportation written on their hand before they go into the school. A great idea, I think.




Aren't they so grown up looking? Having them together at school and just one grade apart it really nice because they will cross paths during the day in the lunchroom and on the playground. Big brother understands that he has to look out for "the baby" at school. Of course, I talked to our neighbor girl who is in the 4th grade, and she is looking out for BOTH of them!




She wouldn't let me walk her down the hall to her classroom. " I can find it myself, Mama." She said with a roll of her eyes, then she grinned and took off, backpack flopping against the back of her knees. I just know she is gonna take over the whole school before fall break!

"

No comments: