Thursday, January 29, 2009

Movie Night


Since there is a dismal selection on TV tonight, I told the children that we would watch a movie together. I was scrolling through stuff on the DVR and found the old "The King and I". They have enjoyed some of the other old musicals I have recorded, so we turned it on. To my surprise, they are mesmerized. It is funny that I know all the words to all the songs and they are amazed by that. It surprises me too. I have to give that credit to my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Ruth Webb, because she loved all the old musicals and often brought her guitar to class and played the songs and sang them with us. Strange how you remember things like that this far along in the future. I never would have thought back then that I would be sitting here singing those songs with these two little children. I think Mrs. Webb has prob ably been gone for a while, but I would be inclined to call her up and tell her about it if she were still alive.
"Whenever I feel afraid, I hold my head erect and whistle a happy tune....and no one will suspect that I'm afraid........."

No comments: