Sunday, January 18, 2009

Product Review.....Glade candles

I love my dogs, but I don't love the smells that sometimes come with having them. Subsequently, I am always trying new floor cleaners and laundry detergents and all sorts of deodorizers. One of the very best quick fixes ever is a good scented candle. My favorite brand ever is PartyLite, but they are quite expensive. They're worth it because they burn so well and you don't end up tossing out a half burned, ugly stump. Yankee candles are a close second, but again, they are a little on the high end, and aren't we are all trying to save money wherever we can? Anyway, I was at Kroger Friday night (getting the Velveeta mac and cheese and other stuff that we can't get at Aldi) and they had these Glade candles on sale for 1.75! They are wonderful, even if they are only 4 ounce. I lit one immediately when I got home and it filled up our living/dining/kitchen area with a really clean, nice smell. I blew it out after about an hour, and the smell was still present the next morning. Now, that is saying something because I usually have a clogged head in the morning, and even I could still smell it.

Usually in the past I would like a vanilla or cinnamon candle in the kitchen, but since I am trying not to eat so much, this clean linen scent is really nice. Our living room has a vaulted ceiling, and the thermostat for the furnace is in the hall near the bedrooms, so it cuts off when that small area warms up, leaving the living room COLD. Of course, part of the cold could be that we have the wood door open so the dogs can come and go as they please through the doggie door. When it is cold out, I usually have to wear sweats, socks, bootie slippers and have a blanket handy to be able to sit in the living room comfortably. I should note that this is just ME.....the children will stay in here wearing only their underwear, or last night the girl wore a Snow White dress all night. The thing I was getting to was that when I light the candle in here, I swear it is WARMER. It is certainly just in my head, but it seems like it is.

Bottom line is......these are good, and they are on sale. Go to Kroger and stock up on enough to last until PartyLite has a clearance sale.

No comments: