Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spinach Quiche, Sort of


My little dancer got up wanting spinach pie again today, so I just made her one. I have never really seen a kid who eats stuff like this, but she is sort of a strange-o that way.

I made creamed spinach ( recipe somewhere back in the archives) and took out three cups , then put the rest in a casserole dish to have later. Then I added three eggs and 1/4 cup milk and mixed it up really well. Then, since Ididn't have a pie crust, I popped open a can of crescent rolls and pressed them into a greased pie plate. You will likely have to mashe it around with your fingers to make it fit the pan. Then I just poured the spinach/egg mixture into the plate and baked off at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. It was trying to get a bit too brown, so had to cover with some foil for the last 10 minutes or so. Just check it and take it out when the center is pretty much set.

Now all I need to do is make a little crispy salad and it will be ther perfect girlie lunch!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: