Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pineapple-Coconut Chess Pie

Here's the pie I promised, but you will have to excuse the over-browning of the crust. I put it in the oven and started watching tv and by the time I smelled it, it was already a bit too brown. Oh well......guess if it doesn't taste good, whoever eats it can just break that part off.

I'll have to let y'all know tomorrow how it tastes, because I have to give it to someone to try since I can't eat it. This one has a good bit of sugar, so I don't even think I can get away with sneaking a bite. Anyway, here is the recipe. Don't rush out and buy stuff to make it though, until I get the thumbs up from someone who has good taste. Hope I know someone who qualifies. Hmmmmm.....
Pineapple Coconut Chess Pie

Two cups of sugar
Four eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of margarine, melted
One heaping teaspoon of flour
One heaping teaspoon of cornmeal
Two cups of coconut
One cup of crushed pineapple, well drained
Two 8-inch or one 10-inch unbaked pie shell

Mix sugar and eggs; add margarine, flour, cornmeal, coconut and pineapple. Mix well. n Pour into unbaked pie shell(s)
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cover top with loose aluminum foil if begins to brown too much.

No comments: