Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall is butchering season.....




....and in this case, the victim was a pumpkin. I ran out of time when Halloween rolled around and never carved the jack-o-lanterns, so I thought I would follow P-dub's instructions for making my own pumpkin puree since I seem to be able to find uses for it.


Here he is with his innards all exposed. This pumpkin was a bit larger than a "pie" pumpkin, but according to Ree, it ought to work fine. I used my ice cream scoop to get the guts out since the melon-baller bit the dust when I made those funky pear preserves.

So, here he is , all drawn and quartered ( actually eighthed) and laid out on a baking sheet. It took two of these dinky pans to hold it all, but it is all in the oven as I sit here. It smells like something is happening. I'll be sure and post more pictures as things progress. I know you won't be able to sleep until you see how it turns out. True Blood starts in a few minutes, so you can be assured that you won't see more pumpkin tonight. Buuaahhahahaahahaha!

No comments: