Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pecan Pie - Another recipe request


Pecan Pie

3 eggs
1 C sugar
1/2 C White Corn Syrup ( Karo for those of you who live "down here")
3/4 stick margarine, melted
1 C chopped pecans
1 unbaked pie shell

In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Blend in the sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour in pie shell and place in cold oven. Turn oven to 300 degrees. Bake 1 hour.
You can make your own pie shell, but I almost never do. It is too much trouble. Even Paula Deen uses "store bought" sometimes, so I take that as permission to do the same.
Pecan pie is about my all time favorite, but it is also one that will likely never be made anywhere near acceptable using splenda, so until they come out with something that will make it not affect my blood sugar, it is off my list. I am so glad that y'all can still have it though.
Oh, and by the way, we say it "puh-khan"here in the true South. It isn't "pee-can" unless you are a yankee. If you want to say "pee-can", go ahead, just say it softly so it won't hurt my ears.

No comments: