Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Few More Pictures from the Zoo...

My children are like trained monkeys when it comes to posing for pictures. KK is not - it was pretty hard to get them all to look in the same direction at the same time. It was equally hard to get a picture of the front of KK's head - she turns her face away as soon as she sees the camera.

They wanted to see his teeth, and he was willing, so we had a dental show. I was surprised that he let me do it, but he kept getting closer and closer and seemed to want the attention.

I know that it isn't "PC" to exploit these little budgies like this, but it was really fun. The kids were thrilled to have them that close. I was surprised that my kids were that into it, because we have had a bunch of budgies in the past and they were never that interested. It has to be the stick and the challenge of getting them on it.


They are such beautiful little birds and seeing them fly in a big flock was really cool. I can only image what hundreds of them in the wild would look like. Someday we might have to take a trip "down under" to see!



No comments: