Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Great Summer Reading


I just finished "Such A Pretty Fat" by Jen Lancaster, and I have to say that I haven't laughed so much in a while. This is the third book she has written, and belive me, as soon as I finished it I hopped onto Amazon and ordered the other three.

The background story is that Jen is a fat ( but very pretty) writer who needs to write something spectacular to sell. Well, she accepted a contract ( and advance) on a book about her own personal weight loss journey. Only glitch, she hadn't started the journey. This hilarious accounting of her diet failures (and success) and her loathing for her personal trainer pretty much kept me awake laughing a couple of nights this week. She is really candid ( and quite acidic at times) about her feelings for Jenny Craig, and Weight Watcher's, and birthday cake.

If you have ever been on a diet and need a little bit of humor to help you avoid the pies in your life, get these from the library. They have 'em, but if you can't find 'em....Amazon has them, and so does Target, Book-A-Millon, and the ever popular Borders and Barnes and Nobles.
(Watch out for Borders and Barnes and Nobles because they have those coffee shops with the most awesome pastries and sandwiches ever.)

Jen's website is www.jennsylvania.com She blogs regularly and is just as funny there as she is in her books.

No comments: