Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Nip in the Air!


Yeah! It is finally cooling off a little and starting to feel like fall, and that makes me want to start cooking some "fall-ish" type stuff. This weekend I am gonna be doing some things with two different churches, both of which will involve baking, so tonight I am gonna roast some pumpkins and make a big batch of pumpkin puree for making some pumpkin bread , pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin soup, pumpkin muffins......it can go on and on.......
Last year I just bought extra pumpkins when I got the kid's jack-o-lanterns, but this time, we are gonna do pie pumpkins. They are supposed to be a lot sweeter than the big ones and not as stringy. I think they will be easier to handle as well.
Anyway, if you are in the neighborhood Thursday or Friday, stop in and check the progress on operation "Punkin pie pulp." Who knows, there might be some ready goods to sample!

No comments: