Monday, September 21, 2009

Instruments of Torture


Ok, so here is what happened this morning. Everyone in the world known to me called between the time I got back from the Y and time to leave for work. Because of this, I had to take a VERY quick shower. I mean REALLY quick.
When I got to work, I realized that I had on capri pants and hairy legs. Mortified, I showed the problem to Gail ( has worked here 23 years), who snickered and said, " Just go get the epilady out of the drawer." Who the heck still has one of those things around? Apparently we do - two of them in fact. The one I chose was the 1986 model..in mint condition.
Lemme tell ya, that thing will hurt you! But your legs are smooth when you are done if you survive it. I only thought waxing was bad. At least waxing is warm. I have to say that after a few passes with it, the pain didn't lessen any, but it was at least not getting any worse and by the time I had finished the second leg, it wasn't so bad at all. Maybe this is how it is when you get a tattoo. No worries, I am not going to try that next. Not yet anyway.
I am taking the antique torture device home to catch the strays that weren't long enough to get grabbed today........didn't someone say that achieving beauty is painful? They were right.

No comments: