Monday, July 27, 2009

Old is NEW!

Here's another blast from the past for you......Castile Soap. It is really a great cleanser for skin, hair and even clothes. I had actually been looking around town for it and had not found it, but there it was at Publix this weekend, so I got a couple ( ok, 6) bars to use at home. It was really cheap too, so that was a real bonus.

It makes a nice foamy lather and can be used on anything dirty. It does need to be rinsed thoroughly , though. I have a recipe for making shampoo from it, however I think that calls for the LIQUID form, which would involve buying it in a plastic bottle. That defeats my purpose of trying to be better about plastic disposables. I am gonna try to make some liquid from a bar and use that to make the shampoo. If all of us replaced just our liquid body wash with a bar of soap, just think how many bottles WOULD NOT have to be made or disposed of. It can also be used to make the laundry detergent described in past posts, so maybe we'll try that too!

No comments: