Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pineapple Casserole

Pineapple Casserole ala Us...

Ok, my child asked me if this was a Paula Deen Recipe, and I didn't remember it being so, but as it turns out, she does have a version of it on the Food Network website. I make it a little differently, so I guess it is ok to post.
Ingredients:
3 cans pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved.
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/4 -1/2 cup splenda ( or you could use sugar)
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup pineapple juice
30-35 Ritz crackers
1 stick of cold butter - you can use margarine, but why?
Put the drained pineapple and the cheese in a big bowl. Add the splenda and flour and stir around to coat. Add the pineapple juice and mix well. Spoon into a greased casserole dish,
then top evenly with the crushed ritz crackers. Cut the butter into small pieces and dot the top.
Bake at about 350 for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melty and it is a little bubbly around the edges.
There were 6 of us eating here today and we purt-near ate this whole thing, so double it if you got a crowd, because it is really good. ( We did have other food too, we just were pigs on this)
I think there is about a half cup of it left in there right now and if I sneak in there, maybe no one will see me gettin' it and I won't have to share!

No comments: