Thursday, May 13, 2010

My New BFF

I think I have found my new best friend. Her name is Kindle and she carries my books around for me.
My family got the hint ( finally) and got me this little beauty for Mother's day. Little did they know that now they will have to fend for themselves for a lot of dinners because now all I want to do is come home from work and read. ( I know....you though I came home every day and played on the internet anyway, so what difference would it make?)
The beauty of this thing is that it can hold 1000 books. That is 100 books a year for 10 years. I don't think even I will read that much! Down side, you have to buy the books. Granted, there are a lot of free ones offered, and the list changes daily. For the most part, Kindle books are discounted off the price of the "real" books. It is light and easy to handle, fits in a purse and the screen looks JUST LIKE a page in a book. There is no glare in the sunshine like there is when you take your laptop outside.
I have yet to get something like a cookbook to see how that works....not sure about the "searchability" on those. Any of you know?
Thank you family for giving me something I can really use and enjoy ...now go do something while I read!

No comments: