Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dr. Bronner's at CVS

CVS pharmacies are opening up all around our area, so I took a "tour" of the one closest to my work the other day . ( I am on quest to find DIET creme soda....so far no luck) I was cruising the soaps and found this fabulous stuff. It is a "green" product and is made "fair trade," so I felt good buying it. Now comes the home testing to see if it really is all the internet reviews say it is!

Supposedly you can use it to wash anything that needs washing. The peppermint scent is pretty strong, so it might not suit everyone, but I can say that it sure will open up your sinuses in the shower! I used it for bodywash/shampoo today and it was really refreshing. My hair didn't stand on end after it was dry, so I guess it is ok for general body care. There are even references to brushing your teeth with it, but I am not so much into that one.

Tonight I used it to mop my floors and I have to say, it did a great job. I put 2 tablespoons in about two gallons of water and mopped as usual. The water was embarrassingly dirty after I finished. I would like to attribute that to the buildup of cleaning products I use, but I honestly think that all the stuff I have been using has not really been getting the dirt up. I followed it with a white vinegar wipe over with the swiffer and it looks great. ( I used regular wash cloths soaked in vinegar and water and then attached to my swiffer thingit. When done, I just toss the cloths in the washer with the dog laundry.)

Since I was on a roll, I filled up a dishpan with the same concentration of soap/water and started on the counter tops and appliances. It did fog a little bit on the front of the stove and dishwasher, but that was easily removed with a wet paper towel.

My first general impression is that this stuff is something I will want to keep around. They make it in several different scents, so I want to try a couple of other ones. CVS only had the peppermint, but you can order direct from the company or on Amazon. The peppermint scent dissipates pretty quickly, but it is not so strong as to be unpleasant. I am thinking rose or lavender might be my next purchase.

Happy cleaning!






No comments: